Skip to main content

Post Office Scandal - Action

I’m sure like everyone else, I was completely blown away with the injustice and outrageous treatment of the poor honest people on the Mr Bates Vs The Post Office. I guess, especially for those of us that have suffered losing everything and for me feeling let down by the system which for me was a large fraud of cash from our business. But the scale of this thing is just enormous and the tragedy it caused is simply irreversible. We were just gasping with shock as it escalated and in tears at the families torn apart in this huge miscarriage of justice. Our thoughts and prayers in particular go to the families of Martin Griffiths, Fiona Mcgowan, Peter Huxham and Louise Mann, plus the 30+ others who will never see true justice.

It was absolutely infuriating to see what these innocent people went through, and I was delighted to see how Alan Bates dug his heels in to take on such a huge institution owned by the government, I loved that. But after watching the ITV program I can’t stop thinking about it. Especially to think many of those poor people have not even had their stolen money returned in full, let alone an apology, and a reasonable compensation package for having their lives turned upside down, lost lives, illness, lost houses, jailed, persecuted.

I’m also shocked that Fujitsu have gone on to win multi-million pound deals from the government and yet have never been punished or faced any consequence’s for their role in this. They deserted all the desperate users denying the performance of Horizon which led to crippling innocent people who were being robbed and the funds obtained used as post office profit. I mean, this government is talking about cracking down on shoplifters, well a shoplifter would do well to stuff £30k of food up their jumper and from over 700 locations. So, while the government still drag their heels, albeit we see that The Post Office is under criminal investigation and there is a public inquiry, I feel that this has gone on way too long. It’s time to stand shoulder to shoulder with these people now and I know myself, the only way you get action is to hit them where it hurts, MONEY! But what can I do? I’m just like the ‘little people’, (the sub-postmaster victims) and I don’t have a voice and even my small business can’t impact anywhere near enough to affect a huge corporation, But I do know that I can at least do something, my little bit and I hope others do also. If enough of us do the same, maybe we can help, things could maybe move quicker, So this is what I’ll do:-

Until further notice, which is only going to be reconsidered when I see these things happen for those poor victims. I want to see:-

1) Paula Vennells stripped of her CBE 

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/strip-paula-vennells-of-her-cbe 

2) All of the 700 + victims/families to be completely and fully reimbursed 100% plus interest for inflation and for over a decade. Compensated in full what they lost plus for loss of earnings, reputation, wrongful prison and criminal charges, loss of life. All and any NDA agreements completely torn up. All criminal charges overturned.

3) Fujitsu fully apologise for their role and accept liability. (I’m sure, and hopeful this will be part of the outcome of the inquiry) This means they should be at least part of the source of the compensation funds.

4) The Post Office staff and Fujitsu staff proven to be wilfully involved to face criminal charges for theft and corruption

5) The post office and government apologise in full

Until I see this, this is what I am going to do:-

1) I have a Post Office savings bank account. We will withdraw every penny Monday morning and close the account. I don’t bank with thieves. 

2) We will not use any Post Office service or products that we don’t have to (post). (We were just looking at purchasing travel insurance). This will not now be purchased from the Post Office

3) My business will not use or avoid any of the delivery services from the Post Office or its associates. Albeit now separate, this includes Royal Mails Parcel Force as they are using the Post Office. We will only use delivery services that don’t utilise the Post Office.

Its not a lot, but it’s the best this little guy can do. If others take action as well, this will speed things up for sure.

 

Tony McCool


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conduct, Lies and Corruption: My unanswered complaint to the Conservative Party Feb 2022

01/02/22 Original Letter Sent by email... Dear Nadine Dorries, I wanted to write to you to express my concern about the integrity of the government you represent. I am not a political person and am not loyal to any political party. Until these recent years I never even took an interest. I did not trust any particular politician or party and just got on with the daily life of working, parenting, and living lawfully. However, I’m now at my wits end and feel sick to my bones and quite frankly when I just watched your video defence on national TV (C4) for me, that was the last straw. Before yesterday I did not even know who you were and when I heard you childishly and angrily defend this corruption and lies with playground responses like “he said it first” and finalised with “The PM tells the truth”. That is the last straw. Then I looked you up. Only to be horrified to learn that you’re the MP around where I live. In Flitwick/Ampthill. I couldn’t be more embarrassed and sickened to think y

The NHS – Private Companies. Lack of Performance and Accountability

We are being snuck into private healthcare, but with a fraction of the service level you would expect if it were our private choice, using medical insurance instead of this crippled institution. Sadly, as well as the public now paying the price, the poor genuine people employed in the NHS are also facing the brunt of inhumane treatment and desperately sick people. Many of us have seen the disgusting behaviour of some entitled individuals that abuse people and show disregard to the NHS staff, but in recent years, I can honestly say that I have witnessed much more disrespect and verbal abuse, inhumane and lack of dignity coming from the staff to patients. It’s a crisis, and the two ends are clashing at the coal face while the real people to blame are hiding and scheming to get the rich, richer. GPs are completely overwhelmed, hence the new NHS TV advert to now go to the pharmacist with some sicknesses, this however is also dangerous. My wife was recently advised to take a medicine that w